Sunday, August 19, 2012

notd: Popular

I literally just did this mani like 15 minutes ago and I just couldn't wait to blog about it and share pictures. I've been after this nail polish for a while now and finally found it yesterday. It's the oh so popular 'Popular' by Revlon. Now I have to say, I'm not a huge fan of Revlon nail polish. I have a few others that have given me nothing but problems (especially 'Gray Suede', nightmare to apply) but I decided to give them another shot. I bought this one along with 'Whimsical' which I'll post about later. 'Popular' is a milky baby pink base with different size silver hex-glitter. Each stroke has tons of glitter which surprised me. A lot of times you have to scrape some of the glitter form the sides of the bottle to get enough on the brush. Not the case here. One coat may be a little too sheer for some and it is for me, so I applied two coats. My thumb is a tiny bit streaky so I probably should have gone for three... The formula is good, not too thick not too thin. I'm really loving this mani :) So on to the pics.

Artificial light + flash

Artificial light + flash

Ottlite, no flash

Sunlight

Brand: Revlon
Color: Popular
Price: $3.98 at Wal-Mart
Quality: Good, only con is that the formula is milky so it can be streaky
Brush: Medium, fairly easy to work with
Coats: 2 (probably should have done 3 though)
Bottom Line: Love the color and the amount of glitter that each stroke puts down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment