Friday, August 17, 2012

notd: Daddy's Girl

So it's been a little too long since my last post. My apologies :] Anywho, today's featured NOTD is one of my absolute favorite polishes ever...and it's an inexpensive one. Woohoo, budget polish for the win ;) It's 'Daddy's Girl' by Sinful Colors. This is a beautiful shimmery purple jelly. It's hard to photograph though so it may look a little blue in the pictures. So I've been hearing all about "jelly sandwiches" recently and decided to try it for myself. I put down 2 coats of 'Daddy's Girl' and then added a layer of Kleancolor 'Silver Lining' and then topped that off with another coat of 'Daddy's Girl' (and then topcoat of course). I love the effect. 'Daddy's Girl' already has some glitter to it but 'Silver Lining' has chunkier glitter. The look is subtle but so pretty. On to the picshas!

All pics were taken with artificial light (ottlite)

Add caption





Brand: Sinful Colors
Color: Daddy's Girl
Price: $1.99 at Walgreens
Quality: Jelly formula that's a little hard to work with
Brush: On the smaller side
Coats: total of 3 (plus the Silver Lining sandwiched in between)
Bottom Line: This is one of my favorite polishes ever. I love the jelly formulation and the glitter even though I need to do multiple coats. The brush is a bit on the small side but it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment